A Not-So-Manic Monday

>> Monday, July 29, 2013

It’s a Monday and though it isn’t my most favorite day of the week, I have been anticipating it’s arrival. You see, I have been sick for almost five days and I was forced to stay in bed. The only things that I get to do was sleep, read (I was able to finish a series plus one!) and eat. Of course, I had to take my medications too and fly some airplanes. (Hah!)

And Monday happened. My five-day forced leave made me miss a lot of work. And surprisingly, I did not dread facing them today. In fact, I am even excited to get back to work. Too excited that I even made a to-do list for today! And oh I did accomplish a lot. I was able to work on the entries and announce my shop’s contest winners, launch my new product line and review some instructions regarding a new commissioned work. And just after lunch time, I was able to finish a review about a good pignose amplifier at guitar center. Boy, I felt really productive. And minutes after I was done, an old friend of mine called. Truth to be told, my entire afternoon was spent catching up with him. I met him during college and have some common friends. Thus, our conversation drifted from stories about my life, his life and our friends’ lives. He has finally gave in and went back living with his parents in the big metro. When asked what keeps him busy nowadays, he shared that they are planning to start a small business and studying their options.

While some people are oozing with self-confidence, this friend of mine lacks it. He claims to have no dream at all and just want to live a simple life in the province. Methinks, however, that he has not found his passion yet. I told him that he needs to recognize his strengths, find out where he excels and then capitalize on them. He’s smart and hopefully, he will find his life’s meaning in this new stage. I don’t know about him but I am excited for him! New beginnings excites me!

It was a good Monday, at least for me. I get to accomplish a lot and have touched base with a good friend. Tomorrow is another day and my list is still full. And the best way to prepare for it is to get a good amount of sleep so, good night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very much welcome. But due to some spammers, I have to moderate them. Thank you!

Header Credits

Full of Life & Joyful Digital Kits by Jennifer Labre Designs | Pacifico Font