Parties and Gifts

>> Wednesday, December 5, 2012

There are many things I miss about working at the university, especially during this season. One is the festival that we all celebrate around this time. Another and my most favorite is the Christmas party among us close friends. We made it a point to come together regularly and Christmas is one of our most favorite reasons to party. Most often, we order or prepare our favorite foods (the menu has become predictable but no one’s complaining!) and have our traditional exchange gifts. Some of us always want to make it dramatic and exciting – the picking of names and opening of gifts. We always have to come up with the most creative names and explain our gifts. (I received a really nice set of archipelago candles and the explanation behind the gift made me teary-eyed!). Well those are expected as most of us in the group are guidance counselors! We love dramatics. Hahaha!



Anyway, life has taken us to different directions now. First to leave was yours truly and then another close friend left just this year. Many are still there but they claim that it’s different now that the two of us aren’t. I miss them terribly as my days in the past decade were mostly spent with them. That’s why I try to visit and spend time with them whenever I go back to my first home. I am forever grateful to have them in my life. I am very much blessed because of them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very much welcome. But due to some spammers, I have to moderate them. Thank you!

Header Credits

Full of Life & Joyful Digital Kits by Jennifer Labre Designs | Pacifico Font