Facebook, I Owe You!

>> Monday, April 2, 2012

There was a time last year when I thought of deactivating my Facebook account for some time. I realized that I was wasting too much time on it and the habit is obviously counterproductive. But since it is the only way that I get in touch conveniently with people who are dear yet far, I stayed on. And I am happy that I am still there since today, I finally found and reconnected with one of my closest friends in college. The last time we saw each other during our clearances after graduation and that happened a loooong time ago. The two of us belong to an all-girls group of six and I am closest to her. We used to hang out at the library, the chapel and canteen. We both like reading and we usually exchange notes on the books we have borrowed from the library. Obviously, reading electronic books was not a fad yet. We also attend Masses together and of course, we pay the canteen a visit around three to four times daily. Hahaha!

During our long chat today, I updated her about our other friends. We had a reunion last Christmas and she was the only person missing. It sure was great being in touch with her again and knowing that she is doing well. What makes it more special is the possibility of all of us being together for a super grand reunion next month. I will be going home and so is she. We are thinking of surprising the other girls and I know it is going to be memorable. I am hoping that this will push through as I would love to see us all together again.

So thanks, Facebook. We might have this love-hate-love relationship but at the end of the day, you know I love you.

friends

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very much welcome. But due to some spammers, I have to moderate them. Thank you!

Header Credits

Full of Life & Joyful Digital Kits by Jennifer Labre Designs | Pacifico Font