And If You Don’t Play, You Can’t Win

>> Tuesday, August 16, 2011

This is an excerpt of the book I have just finished reading yesterday:


It is from a novel entitled Paradise by the best-selling author Judith McNaught. It is a highly recommended read by my friends and it took me a while to finish it since I was also reading some books and finishing my photo books in between work (both offline and online). To try to describe how eloquent and magnificent Judith McNaught is as an author is beyond my capacity. All I know is that I like the way she builds up her characters. I like how she portrays them. And most importantly, I like the values she impart by telling us her stories. Sure, her characters are endearing. The plot, exciting. But the values and wisdom she shares through them are invaluable.

Take for instance that statement said by the male lead, Matt to Meredith, his female counterpart. There are some of us who are afraid of taking risks. But what Matt said hits the bull’s eye. We can’t win unless we play. We’ll never know if we’ll succeed unless we try. And so we try, we play. If we lose, at least we tried, right? Besides, we won’t be left wondering, “What if I tried?” And if we win? Well, we deserve a good pat on the back! ;)

1 comments:

Jhari August 17, 2011 at 2:57 AM  

Thanks again for the epub books :)

Post a Comment

Comments are very much welcome. But due to some spammers, I have to moderate them. Thank you!

Header Credits

Full of Life & Joyful Digital Kits by Jennifer Labre Designs | Pacifico Font