Hello Summer Break!

>> Saturday, March 26, 2011

I am particularly excited about my daughter’s summer break this year as we will be spending it together. Twenty-four hours. Seven days a week. For two long months. We have travel plans but in between those trips, and unlike her previous summer vacations, there will be no summer workshops or classes to attend. It’s just me and her during the weekdays – shopping, dining out or fighting over something! Hahaha! Seriously though, I need to do some general cleaning and maybe invest on a good home dehumidifier since we’ll be home most of the time and we do not want any allergy attack to ruin a perfect summer break.

To make this a productive period, I thought that this is the perfect time to teach and train her to do some household chores. She has been assigned to wash our dishes every now and then but she needs to learn more, right?

Yesterday morning,  we began the day by doing the laundry together. We eventually discovered her forte and that’s the spin dryer. I guess that made her enjoy the task that she is actually looking forward to our next laundry day.

Late afternoon, we had and early dinner at our favorite restaurant. It’s a pity that her Dad was not around to join us but we have a separate family date very soon. Afterward, we proceeded to the mall to buy her summer shoes and dresses. She was complaining about being too full that we had to go home earlier than planned.

This morning, we colored her toe nails with gray and glittery blue. Alternately. I can’t wait until her Dad sees them!

Anyway, I am looking forward to our first summer break weekend as a family. I hope you will have a great one too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very much welcome. But due to some spammers, I have to moderate them. Thank you!

Header Credits

Full of Life & Joyful Digital Kits by Jennifer Labre Designs | Pacifico Font