>> Thursday, February 3, 2011
We all know that waxing can be painful, especially during the first time. However, there are many ways to reduce and minimize the pain.Here are some simple and easy steps to help you reduce the pain caused by waxing whether you are first timer or not:
- Numb your nerves. There are creams out there that helps you dull your skin. You can also take pain relievers like ibuprofen about 45 minutes prior to your waxing session.
- Seek professional help, especially when it is your first time to wax. Urbana Waxing, for example, is performed by skilled and experienced professionals. They can help you in choosing the best wax and procedure suited for you.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol prior to your waxing procedure as they increase the acid in your body. Moreover, these stimulants can cause your skin to be more sensitive to waxing.
- To loosen your pores, use body scrub to get rid of dead cells around skin pores and hair follicle. However, do not apply astringent or toner as they tighten the pores. Using ice to numb your skin is a no-no too as anything cold can make your skin pores tight.
- Relax. Do not tense up, breathe deeply and relax – these can help you cope much better with the inevitable pain during the waxing procedure.