>> Tuesday, February 15, 2011
One of the least expensive ways of hair removal is through shaving. It is commonly done to remove hair on one’s legs. For best results and prevention of cuts and irritation, here are some tips to help you when shaving your legs:
Make sure that your skin is softened and wet when shaving. Shaving dry skin will cause clogging up of your razor with dead skin and cause cuts on your skin.
Find the best razor for the job. There are plenty of varieties out there and you can ask your friends for recommendations. Remember to change your razors or cartridges every now and then as dull blades can cause nicks.
- Invest on a good shaving cream too.
- Exfoliate your skin prior to shaving to get rid of the dead skin cells that can clog your razor.
- Follow your hair’s growth direction. Start from your ankles and then shave down since your leg hairs grow downward.
- Do not forget to moisturize once you’re done shaving to avoid dryness.
- To avoid the common ingrown hair problem, exfoliate daily with a glycolic acid body lotion. If the problem becomes chronic, try an OTC lotion for ingrown hairs.
Lastly, you might want to consider waxing by Urbana Hair Removal. It may be costly compared shaving done at home but it frees you from the hassle of doing it yourself. Moreover, with waxing, coarser hair do not grow back as fast so you need not perform the procedure often.