Our Belated Birthday Treat

>> Friday, February 4, 2011

The highlight of our weekend last week was the belated birthday celebration for yours truly and my best friend. We have been postponing the said date since our schedules were very busy last December. Moreover, I was almost always sick (as what my friend said) so we moved the date and last Saturday, it finally happened.

The event was graced by the Husband who travelled with me. Our minds were not made yet on where to eat but they agreed to try something different – CYMA at the Trinoma. Ordering was initially tough, considering that they are not into trying new things. That’s why I went for the tried and tested: Spinach and Artichoke Fondue, Chicken Kebobs and Hirine Brizola.

CYMA 


These were the same foods that my girl friends and I had during our meet up last year. The boys enjoyed it and I was not surprised. These are delectable and well, the three of us are carnivores! We were able to finish these in no time in between talks about our respective lives, careers, plans, our kid, my friend’s decision to stop smoking, his new gadget, next gadget purchase among many others.

Afterward, we went window-shopping and when we got tired, we argued on where to have coffee. They both won so Krispy Kremes it was.

Krispy Kremes
We had a lovely time there – eating (again), drinking coffee and chatting. When it was getting dark, we decided to leave the place. One old friend is staying with the best friend and I thought that it would be nice to bring him a box of donuts. We spent another two good hours at their place – talking, eating (again) and watching some video documentaries he produced.

The Husband and I went home happy albeit another long commute. It was a wonderful day spent with old friends and we can’t wait to see them next month for a grand event in my best friend’s life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very much welcome. But due to some spammers, I have to moderate them. Thank you!

Header Credits

Full of Life & Joyful Digital Kits by Jennifer Labre Designs | Pacifico Font