Health Benefits of Almonds

>> Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I have been craving for almonds for almost two months now. I did try searching for them at some local grocery stores but since all I found were chocolate bars with almonds, I settled for those instead!

I just hope that unlike peanuts, almonds do not cause acne because this morning, I finally chanced upon roasted and salted almond nuts at one grocery store.

Finally! I bought a pack to try and it’s good. Definitely, I will be going back tomorrow for more.

Anyway, I did some research on the health benefits of almonds and here are my findings:

  1. It lowers cholesterol.
  2. It regulates blood pressure.
  3. It helps prevent cancer.
  4. It protects against diabetes.
  5. It aids weight loss.
  6. It prevents constipation.
  7. It’s a good energy booster.
  8. It reduces the risk of heart disease.
  9. It helps prevent birth defects.
  10. It helps improve brainpower.

So what are you waiting for? Munch on some almonds today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very much welcome. But due to some spammers, I have to moderate them. Thank you!

Header Credits

Full of Life & Joyful Digital Kits by Jennifer Labre Designs | Pacifico Font