The Birthday that Was

>> Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Last year, I turned thirty-something and for a change, I opted for a simpler yet more meaningful celebration. Prior to my birth day is the birth day of a godson/ nephew/ housemate. We were supposed to have an ice cream and spaghetti party but since most of us were suffering from sniffles and flu that week, we had to forego the ice cream. Instead, Ma prepared for us her sumptuous spaghetti.

On my actual birth day, which was a workday, my husband filed a leave of absence from work to be with us.

For breakfast, I had these:

Wheat bread, fried eggs and corned beef with potatoes prepared by moi, of course! And my breakfast buddies:
 
After breakfast, we prepared for a date at the Marquee Mall. We bought the girl her gift – a PlayDoh work station (using her Ninong Jeff’s gift) and had it wrapped.

Since we have not decided where to eat for lunch prior to our trip there, we had to check out the list of restaurants. But the Husband and I could not decide where to eat so we asked our daughter to chose instead. She picked Max’s which is a safe choice. Hahaha!

Some snapshots:

We had kare-kare, crispy pata and their dessert sampler which we finished in no time. Afterward, the Husband indulged me into some shopping. New birthstone jewelry, make up, lingerie and a pair of shoes were among my loots.

To cap the day, we watched

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. My husband and I enjoyed it though our little girl got a bit scared!

We went home very tired but we still had to pack our things for a trip back to our first home the following day. However, I felt so grateful and happy for the day that was. It was not the usual celebration that I normally have in the past but hey, I had a blast!

Until next year! :)

1 comments:

Race January 11, 2011 at 2:00 PM  

Ganyan din gusto ko simple but happy! Basta kasama loved ones special na!

Post a Comment

Comments are very much welcome. But due to some spammers, I have to moderate them. Thank you!

Header Credits

Full of Life & Joyful Digital Kits by Jennifer Labre Designs | Pacifico Font