>> Saturday, November 27, 2010
Similar to the traditional business of referrals, affiliate marketing is taking of as an Internet business model. The key to this is traffic. Business and retailers hire these affiliates to help them drive business to their websites and increase product sales. These marketers receive commissions on the sales they bring in, so it can become a lucrative business for the affiliate. Let’s do a little affiliate review and determine the best ways to become a successful affiliate marketer.
- Find your market niche. This niche should have a lucrative sales opportunity. Find something you are already knowledgeable about as this will reduce the amount of research and homework you’ll have to perform before beginning.
- Create an account with top affiliate programs such as eBay, Google, ClickBank and others that actively recruit affiliates. Some of these companies are repositories for listings of retail sites looking for affiliates; while those such as eBay are looking for their own affiliates to help their marketing efforts.
- Determine the best keywords for whatever it is you will be marketing. Using Google’s Keyword Analysis tool can help you with this. Understanding how keywords drive Internet searches will help immensely when creating campaigns that will bring traffic to your site.
- Identify an audience for your campaign. You can also use social networking sites to help establish yourself. Also use affiliate links in your email signatures to engage your friends to click on your campaigns.
- Publish optimized content with embedded links anywhere you can. However do not engage is spamming forums or email accounts. Hubpages and Squidoo are good options for publishing content.
- Write a blog on your category. Hosting your blog yourself will eliminate any possibility of violating certain site's marketing rules. If you have several niches you are marketing, create separate blogs for each one.