>> Sunday, December 12, 2010
Many men and women enjoy the feeling of having an almost hair-free bikini area thus, they prefer Brazilian Waxing. Since this process is considered delicate, it requires extra care before and after being performed. Below are some Brazilian waxing tips to help you get and keep great outcome:
Before Brazilian Waxing:
- Brazilian waxing for women should not be scheduled a couple of days before or after their period since skin is usually sensitive during this time. Waxing can be more painful than usual at these days.
- Prior to your appointment, make sure that you are extra clean. Shower lightly with warm water and exfoliate right before your appointment. However, do not use any lotions in the bikini area.
If you are particularly worried about the pain, take some OTC pain relievers 45 minutes before your appointment.
- Avoid wearing tight underwear for the next couple of days.
- Refrain from touching freshly waxed skin to avoid irritation or growth of small pimples.
- Avoid hot baths, take a shower instead.
- Avoid steam rooms, tanning beds and saunas for the next two days.
- Two days after your Brazilian waxing, use a mild exfoliator to exfoliate.
- Use recommended products for ingrown hairs.