Biotin: My Cure for Hair Fall

>> Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Early this year, I started suffering from massive hair loss which prompted me to search for cure for hair fall. It was a big problem since I am very vain when it comes to my hair. I have it treated yearly and I regularly visit my stylist for a trim. Thus, seeing my hair on the floor and picking them up was beyond frustrating.

I tried varied shampoos and conditioners which claim to reduce hair fall to no avail. I can’t seem to trace what caused the problem but based on my research, it’s lack of some nutrients, stress and because of my diet. I did a research and discovered that I might be lacking some vitamins and nutrients, including zinc. I did not like taking Centrum (the supplement that supposed to have vitamins A to zinc). It’s a good thing I saw Conzace, which has almost all the vitamins that I need daily.

Moreover, I also read about Biotin (vitamin B7) or vitamin H. According to this article,

Vitamin H is essential to normal growth and development and overall health. Bacteria in the intestines produce enough biotin for the body so that most people would not need an additional supplement of vitamin H. Vitamin H is part of the Vitamin B complex group and might be interesting to some people since one of the most visible symptoms of shortage of this vitamin is thinning of hair which can lead to total hair loss. 
So one weekend, we visited Health Options, a specialty store at SM and bought these:
Biotin SupplementThe vitamin supplement costs at around P400+ for 60 capsules while Nature’s Gate Shampoo and Conditioner (532 mL each) cost P290+ per bottle.

I have been taking the supplement and using the shampoo and conditioner for three months now and the results are evident. These days, I have lesser hair fall and my hair is not dry and limp anymore. Moreover, my skin condition improved too. It is not dry anymore, my face is not oily and I have lesser breakouts too.

I am one happy camper now. Thanks, Biotin!

4 comments:

Buge December 1, 2010 at 1:27 PM  

Thanks Zanne! I'm going to try this. I asked my mom to look it up for me. Sana ibili ko later. Haha!

Mich December 1, 2010 at 1:27 PM  

wow, looks ok ah! thanks for sharing zanne!

Litzie December 1, 2010 at 1:43 PM  

Tignan mo ako, kaya the name was familiar, I have a lotion which is from Nature's Gate, kaya pala. Thanks Zanne, I will recommend these to my husband pati na rin sa parents ko.

jennyL December 1, 2010 at 1:52 PM  

thanks Zanne.. naku I need this grabe na hair fall ko talaga :(

Post a Comment

Comments are very much welcome. But due to some spammers, I have to moderate them. Thank you!

Header Credits

Full of Life & Joyful Digital Kits by Jennifer Labre Designs | Pacifico Font