Time to Tighten the Belt

>> Saturday, November 27, 2010

My husband is always talking about the importance of saving money. I couldn’t agree more. In fact, I am much better at it than he is. Sometimes I think that he talks about it to make up for the fact that he really doesn’t do it that much. When we go to the mall, for instance, he is usually the one that comes home with a bunch of useless toys. The kids and I look at him like he’s crazy. As if he’s ever going to need a cell phone with an application that checks the prices of new cars. Hopefully he’d spend a little more time researching a major purchase like that rather than relying on what his phone says.

Yesterday, he came home with one of the smallest computers I have ever seen. I have to admit that it was interesting, but we already have a home computer for the kids and two laptops for us. Knowing that smaller technology often costs more than bigger technology, I have to wonder how much he really spent on that gizmo.

Well, these things are about to stop. Economic woes have finally caught up to us, and I think that it is time to accept them as reality. That means it is time to set a budget that forces us to save money for the future. It also means no more unnecessary purchases. I mean it, Hubby! From now on, we’re going to talk about the things we spend money on; then we can make an informed decision about whether we really want to spend the money.

I’m afraid that the lifestyles we have been leading will mean that we have a terrible retirement, or that we won’t be able to retire at all. That’s not the kind of old age that I want, so it’s time to make some changes now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very much welcome. But due to some spammers, I have to moderate them. Thank you!

Header Credits

Full of Life & Joyful Digital Kits by Jennifer Labre Designs | Pacifico Font