Favorite Clothing for Winter

>> Saturday, November 27, 2010

Winter can be challenging for those of us who aren't really into snow sports. The roads are often terrible; you have to get up before light to brush ice off your car, and then scrape it off. You're stuck inside constantly with your family or your room mates, or both. Forced central heating dries out the air and makes things terrible if you've got indoor allergies. Maybe you find the lack of sunshine to be oppressive all by itself. Maybe, like me, in the winter you find that you're just always, always cold.

But some of that can be alleviated with the right tools. I remember one winter, I bought this fabulous coat. It was really comfortable, and really warm, and I wore it everywhere all the time. And you know what? For the first time in years, I wasn't cold every single minute of the season. I totally lucked out, because this particular coat also looked great. The right clothing can really make a huge difference when it comes to how comfortable you are.

Another winter favorite of mine is a huge classic--wool socks. These are awesome because even if they get wet because your niece was stuffing snow down your boots, they'll still help keep you warm. And, they now come in a lot of cute styles. Fleece socks are good too, and I know a lot of people who swear by them. Maybe I'll try some when my wool socks wear out.

Besides that, having fantastic hats, scarves, and gloves can really help. You lose a ton of body heat though your head and your feet, and hats can be really stylish if you keep your eye out for good ones. Scarves can add color and flair as well as warmth, all things you need to make the winter go by in peace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very much welcome. But due to some spammers, I have to moderate them. Thank you!

Header Credits

Full of Life & Joyful Digital Kits by Jennifer Labre Designs | Pacifico Font