Official Poem on Chelsea’s Wedding

>> Thursday, August 12, 2010

The former First Daughter, Chelsea Clinton tied the knot with his longtime boyfriend, Marc Mezvinsky early last month. One of the highlights of the said event is is the reading of the official poem entitled The Life that I Have  written by Leo Marks, a British poet. He was a cryptographer for the British during World War II. His original poetry were coded with secret messages. The abovementioned piece was originally written on Christmas Eve 1943 for Marks’ girlfriend who just died in a plane crash.

Anyway, here’s the poem:


The Life that I Have

The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours

The love that I have
Of the life that I have
Is yours and yours and yours.

A sleep I shall have
A rest I shall have
Yet death will be but a pause.

For the peace of my years
In the long green grass
Will be yours and yours
And yours

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very much welcome. But due to some spammers, I have to moderate them. Thank you!

Header Credits

Full of Life & Joyful Digital Kits by Jennifer Labre Designs | Pacifico Font